Shiro Games, the French indie studio behind Evoland, Darksburg, and Viking strategy game Northgard have announced Wartales.
Wartales is an open-world tactical RPG where you will lead a group of sellswords to accomplish goals, earn your fortune and embark on dangerous enterprises.
As your group evolves, you will explore the remains of the Edoran Empire which has been hit by a Great Plague.
In the rather large world, you will be able to build camps, craft weapons, feed and pay mercenaries and fight in a turn-based combat system.
As you fight, you will steal bounties and snatch the title of mercenaries while discovering the secrets of the mysterious land.
Here’s more on Wartales:
- Explore the world and aid its inhabitants to gather more information about the events that led to the strange “new normal” in which you’re now embroiled.
- Travel through more than 20 regions in your quest for fame and wealth.
- Fight wild animals or fearless bandits in a tactical turn-based combat system with deep and innovative mechanics, including timeline management.
- Recruit new companions and create your perfect build with numerous unique specializations, skill sets, and weapon preferences.
- Accept contracts to defend, save the inhabitants of the land from the peasants to the lords. They may be good or bad, you’ll discover it on your way.
- Collect bounties and be mindful of your notoriety level. Cause too much trouble and you’ll get caught.
- Deep and intuitive RPG progression and crafting system to improve your characters.
- Gather materials to craft powerful new weapons and tools and repair your armor.
- Develop your camp by adding new amenities, tools, and equipment to increase your group’s morale and efficiency.
- Explore different landscapes and capture fish, mine, and cut wood via mini-games.
Wartales will launch on Steam later this year, with a demo being playable during the Steam Next Festival on June 16-22.
The post Wartales is an open-world tactical RPG from the developers of Northgard appeared first on VG247.