QuakeCon 2021 is coming real soon, and ahead of the now-digital event kicking off, Bethesda has released a schedule that hints MachineGames could be working on Quake.
This year’s QuakeCon will not take place at its usual spot in Dallas. Instead, it’s going to be a digital-only affair called QuakeCon at Home, and it’s back on August 19 (with the whole thing set to wrap up on August 21).
During the event, you can expect livestreams featuring updates on existing and upcoming games, tournaments, charity fundraising, puppies, giveaways, and more besides. But today, as per a specific and updated schedule courtesy of Bethesda, it looks like we could be getting something else, too: a possible Quake project from MachineGames.
Most of the big-ticket events are taking place on the first day, per the schedule above, and one of them, in particular, stands out the most: a Quake 25th anniversary panel with id Software and Wolfenstein developer MachineGames.
Could it be that a Quake project from MachineGames is currently in development? The studio has been working on something since Wolfenstein: Youngblood launched in 2019. We know it’s a got a mysterious Indiana Jones game up its sleeve – but could it be hiding something Quake-y up the other one?
QuakeCon events have in recent years evolved to include much more than id Software’s games. The show essentially became Bethesda’s second E3, and the company took advantage of that to show off Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 content, and even share news about Arkane’s games in the past.
We don’t have too long to wait to find out, given that QuakeCon 2021 kicks off at about this time next week.
We’ve copied the full schedule for you below if you don’t want to deal with the text in the image.
- Welcome to QuakeCon 2021: 2 p.m. ET
- Celebrating 25 Years of Quake with id Software and MachineGames: 2:05 p.m. ET – Kevin Cloud and Marty Stratton from id Software and Jerk Gustafsson from MachineGames discuss the impact and legacy of the original Quake on its 25th anniversary.
- Deep Dive into DEATHLOOP with Arkane Lyon: 2:30 p.m. ET – Arkane Lyon gets the community … looped in … on the details of the upcoming PlayStation 5 console exclusive DEATHLOOP – including a special discussion about multiplayer.
- Fallout 76: Making Appalachia Your Own with Fallout Worlds: 3 p.m. ET – Join members of the Fallout 76 development team as they discuss how the game is evolving and take an in-depth look at our upcoming Fallout Worlds Update.
- Inside the Award-Winning The Elder Scrolls Online with ZeniMax Online Studios: 3:30 p.m. ET – Matt Firor and Rich Lambert take players inside ESO and discuss the great additions to the game and what new players can expect from the award-winning MMO.
- Reliving the Opening of Skyrim with the Creators from BGS: 4 p.m. ET – Hey you! You’re finally awake. Celebrate Skyrim’s 10th anniversary and watch the opening moments of Skyrim as the creators share insider stories and relive memories from development.
- Doom Eternal Studio Update with Marty and Hugo: 4:30 p.m. ET – id Software’s Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin bring fans up-to-date on everything happening with Doom Eternal.
The post QuakeCon 2021 schedule hints at a new Quake project from MachineGames appeared first on VG247.